Special Purpose Mediums by Golden
GAC (Golden Artist Colors) Specialty Acrylic Polymers are used as mediums to extend colors, regulate transparency, create glazes, increase gloss, or improve adhesion. These mediums only have a minimum amount of thickeners, and levelers to ensure good film formation. Each GAC is unique with its own benefits and application uses.
- GAC-100: multi-purpose polymer that is useful for diluting and extending colors, increasing flexibility, sizing for fabric and sealing for wood.
- GAC-200: promotes adhesion and film hardness. The hardest and least flexible polymer Golden offers. Dries to a clear, high gloss finish.
- GAC-400: stiffens textiles and fibers, will dry to a hard stiff film.
- GAC-500: extends fluid acrylics for a balance of film hardness and flexibility.
- GAC-700: clear sealing polymer that increases clarity and transparency. Useful for sealing porous materials.
- GAC-800: reduces Crazing(the formation of crevices in the surface) in puddles, pours, and other thin paint applications. Promotes a smooth and even finish
- GAC-900: offers a very soft hand and laundering stability to produce tie-dye effects.