Artist's Varnish by Winsor & Newton
Winsor & Newton offers a variety of original artists' varnish. These varnishes provide completed oil and alkyd paintings with the best protection from UV damage, grease, and dirt. All are removable with mineral spirits or turpentine so the paintings can be cleaned in the future.
- Gloss Varnish - a final, clear, non-yellowing varnish with UV protection. Gives a gloss finish for the protection of oil, alkyd, and acrylic paintings.
- Matt Varnish - a quick drying, non-yellowing and UV resistant varnish.
- Satin Varnish - a final, clear, non-yellowing varnish with UV protection. Gives a satin finish for the protection of oil, alkyd, and acrylic paintings.
- Dammar Varnish - a pale yellow, quick drying, high gloss varnish. Darkens with age and is removable with distilled turpentine.
- Retouching Varnish- a temporary, UV resistant, gloss varnish. Gives temporary protection to recently completed oil paintings.